Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Pleasure or Purpose

Hi Sister!

It's always great having this time with you!  Recently, during my time of meditation I found myself pondering times in my life when I was living for simple pleasures versus the times in which I was purpose driven.  For those of us who are well into our lives and depending on life's circumstances, we can recall several hard and trying experiences that we felt as though we barely survived.  Nevertheless, often times when we find ourselves in the midst of a life crisis we focus on the pain, while missing all of the learning opportunities.  It is during these times, we have the chance to gain wisdom, make positive changes, learn lessons, and most importantly discover our life's purpose!

Given the fact that we are individuals, it's within reason to say our pleasures in life varies.  As a result, some seek to ease their pain with drugs and alcohol, while others choose a promiscuous sexual life.  Still others allow their pain to disfigure them spiritually and/or mentally. They slowly become products of their pain and it begin to reshape and mold their character and damage their moral make-up.  Nevertheless, neither of these choices lead us to suitable outcomes.


However, when we decide not to focus on the pain, we are left with propositions that can lead us to our next purpose.  When we become survivors of situations and conditions, we become professionals, so to speak!  We know what will work and what will not work to get someone else through that particular issue.  In addition, as we are forced to make changes our gifts began to evolve and develop.  It is at this point we discover talents that we never knew existed with us.  This evolution reminds me of Whitney Houston's come back album entitled, "I Look to You" and her single, I Didn't Know My Own Strength!  As I leave you today, I'm encouraging you to choose the path that leads to you purpose!

Mandy the Motivator  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Motivator and Teacher

Purposeful Living Procedures

  Mandy Hi Sisters!   Brothers, you are welcome too!   One of my favorite pass times is watching human dynamics.  Examining the thought ...

Popular Posts